If you are looking for ways to honor veterans this weekend and live in the Detroit area, here is the complete information on two events sponsored by the Stahls Automotive Foundation.
- In honor of Veterans Day, the Stahls’ Automotive Foundation will host Power Play for Heroes – a two-day event honoring our nation’s veterans and those currently serving our country, which will include a Veterans Day Open House and charity hockey game with the Detroit Red Wings Alumni.
- All proceeds from Power Play for Heroes will benefit Guardian Angels Medical Service Dogs, an organization dedicated to raising, training and donating medical service dogs to veterans and first responders suffering from post-traumatic stress, traumatic brain injuries, physical injuries and other medical needs.
- The Stahl family will match all donations received throughout the weekend.
I’m going to be interviewed by Ryan Ermanni of Fox TV on Thursday Nov. 9th, and the interview is going to be broadcast somewhere around the 10:30 hour of the program. If you want to tune it live. Here is the information I’ll be sharing.
SATURDAY NOV. 11: Stahls Auto Museum Veterans Day Open House
- This year marks the fourth annual Veterans Day Open House on Saturday, Nov. 11 held at the Stahls Automotive Collection in Chesterfield. We will be open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and all our welcome to attend.
- The museum will be open free of charge to veterans, current service members, their families and the public, but we are encouraging a $5 donation to the Guardian Angels Medical Service Dogs organization.
- Each year, the Stahls’ Automotive Foundation holds a special remembrance for fallen and wounded soldiers at 11:11 a.m., which we will do once again this year.
- Visitors can explore the museum’s collection of nearly 100 classic and vintage vehicles, including our latest additions: a 1938 Mercedes-Benz 320 Cabriolet B, a 1925 Renault Model 45 Tourer and a 1909 Austin Model 60.
- We will also debut our newest musical addition for the first time to the public. This is the largest dance organ in the world – a 1920 Gaudin 125-Key Dance Organ, which his fully operational. It was originally built in Paris and has been full restored by world-renowned organ specialist Johnny Verbeeck in Belgium.
SUNDAY NOV. 12.:Red Wings Alumni Vs. Team Stahls Charity Hockey Game
- Team STAHLS’ will face off against the Detroit Red Wings Alumni on Sunday, Nov. 12 at the St. Clair Shores Civic Arena.
- Our special guest, Sergeant Ronan and his service dog Julie will help up with the ceremonial puck drop at 12:30 p.m.
- The game is open to the public for a $10 donation to Guardian Angels Medical Service Dogs.
- Fans will have the opportunity to purchase Red Wings memorabilia and have it signed by some of their favorite Red Wings Alumni players.