Did you know Stahls’ offers a T-Shirt Biz Scholarship Opportunity? Do you need a helping hand getting started in the custom t-shirt business?
It’s true. The Stahl Family Small Business Fund gives YOU the opportunity to win a Pure Imagination heat press package—including the training you need—to take your business from passion to profit! This T-Shirt Biz Scholarship opportunity could be just what you need. Here’s the story of how it came about.
Our grandparents, A.C. and Ethel Stahl, started a small business back in 1932. Not an easy time to start a business. The concept was putting glue on felt letters so people could customize apparel. Our parents, Ernie and Ricki Stahl worked very hard to take the business to the next level, as did my brothers and I. Today, Stahls’ is still family-owned and operated, with the fourth generation continuing to work hard. By helping others build their businesses, we have been able to build ours. Our support and respect for entrepreneurs is limitless.
Introducing the Stahl Family Small Business Fund
Back in 2020, we decided to reach out and help people who wanted to start a t-shirt business. At first it was a one-time award. But after overwhelming interest and many inspiring entries, our entire family knew we wanted to help more entrepreneurs achieve their dreams.
As our son Dan Stahl says, “The pandemic has taught us many lessons, for starters, people are finding creative ways to make money at-home.” Dan is the President of the Stahl Family Business Fund. “Our company has grown and changed since my great grandparents started a business in their garage, but one thing has remained the same – our commitment to supporting small businesses and entrepreneurs, whether they started their business five years or five months ago. If you dream it, you can do it.”
How it Works
Of course anyone can apply. In 2021 we’ve decided to award 21 heat printing Pure Imagination Scholarships. Five winners will be chosen each quarter of 2021, plus a bonus winner at the end of the year, totaling 21 awardees. Entrants are evaluated by their experience level, business plan and vision. Anyone with an aspiring dream, current small business or hobby they want to turn into a profitable business is encouraged to apply for the scholarship. More information and the application can be found on the website.
You Can Apply
Do you dream of being your own boss? Do you want to work from anywhere? Have the freedom to work from your home or garage? We encourage creative entrepreneurs like you to apply!
What Is the Pure Imagination Scholarship?
The Stahl Family Small Business Fund offers a program to support new t-shirt entrepreneurs through quarterly scholarships. In 2021, we will award 21 small business owners with a package that includes a heat press, coaching, and other materials to start and grow a custom t-shirt business.
The Pure Imagination Scholarship includes:
- One year of one-on-one personalized coaching from a team of experts at STAHLS’
- A2Z™ Swing Away Heat Press
- Start-up materials
- Marketing kit
The A2Z™ Swing Away Heat Press is the perfect starter press for anyone looking to kickstart a business or take a side hustle to the next level. Made in the United States, the press is a higher quality than the machines imported and purchased online by startup designers. Winners also receive unlimited access to resources and dedicated coaching sessions from STAHLS’ experts.
Coaching from Experts Included
That’s right. It’s much more than just giving away a heat press. We give you support and training too. From the best in the business, like garment decoration and Stahls’ VP Josh Ellsworth. Josh recently said, “Home-based businesses are thriving, and we want to do our part to educate and support the custom garment industry. I am excited to share my knowledge and provide a 360 degree look at the industry – from firsthand experience to materials, machinery and more.”
Overall, it’s been going great.
In fact, we are hearing great things from some of our recent winners:
First quarter winners include:
- Danielle Mavrick & Whitney Alvis of The Collective, based in Culver, IN.
- The Collective sells unique goods which support the needs of the community’s schools and tourism. With the scholarship, they hope to cut out middleman out and start producing their own brand to help increase profits.
- Christina Washington of Peekywood, based in Peekskill, NY.
- Peekywood hopes to expand business with a new sustainable lifestyle brand. Its motto is to save the world one thread at a time by reinventing clothes deemed “bad.”
- Rhonda Gierhan and students Kinzlee Wallace, Tanner Pfizenmaier, Ty Langvardt and Clara Edwards of Clay Center Community High School, based in Clay Center, KS.
- Clay Center Community High School will use the scholarship to print heat transfers for school apparel and masks. Students are eager to learn about all sides of the business from sales to design and more.
- Eddie Vargas Sr. & Eddie Vargas Jr. of Keep Kids Off the Street, based in Gardner, MA.
- With this new equipment and coaching, the Vargas’ hope to use their proceeds from sales to help fund their nonprofit, Keep Kids Off the Street. It’s all about keeping kids out of trouble through skateboarding!
- Joe & Jocelyn Kabacinski of 13 Flat, based in Olympia, WA.
- Looking to take their business from a part-time venture to full-time, the Kabacinskis hope to build a legacy with their brand, 13 Flats.
Original 2020 winners include:
- Alma Greenwood of MarielBeadsandBeyond, based out of Eden Prairie, MN.
- Known for her fun designs and handmade jewelry, Alma has over 50,000 subscribers on YouTube. She plans to take her business from part-time to full-time.
- Steve Patsy and Marisa Schibilla of P5 Productions LLC, based out of Vancouver, WA.
- The Patsy family plans to heat print and sell merchandise featuring their unique high-end brand.
- Haley Barbalinardo and Nikki Tognozzi of Old Coast Co. based out of Pacifica, CA.
- Inspired by their experience as first-time moms, Haley and Nikki heat print and sell a line of clothes with a cool California costal aesthetic.
If you are interested in applying, please visit our website and fill out the entry form. We look forward to hearing from you!